Nothing can be more exciting than getting a house of your own. Also, this will probably be the most important decision of your life. So make a wise decision while selecting the floor plan of your desired house. Consider the shape, size and location of each and every room of the house individually. Some important factors that can help you to get a perfect floor plan have been stated below –
1. Decide the size of home – Selecting an appropriate floor plan starts with considering the size of your family. For instance, if you have a joint family with more than 8 or 10 members, then you need to decide the number of rooms accordingly. On the other hand, if you are living only with your spouse and children, then a 3 bedroom house is enough to accommodate everyone perfectly.
2. Choose the plan according to your preferred design style – You may have some plans to design your house with certain specifications too. For instance, you can prefer to have an attached bathroom and a balcony with the master bedroom. You can even have some special kind of interior planning in mind such as where to keep the bed or sofa in your new house. Thus, the floor plans must be made considering all these important points.
3. Consider the pros and cons of a floor plan – No floor plan can be perfect. Irrespective of how it has been designed, it would always have cons along with the pros. For instance, a wide attached window within the dining space can allow entry of natural light into the room, but at the same time it can also make your heating and cooling bills go up. You ought to consider such things carefully when planning to go with a particular floor plan.
4. Contact a professional – No one but only a realtor or design professional in Geraldton can help you by designing the right floor plan for your home . For instance, a professional can help you to understand whether you should opt for 3 bedroom home design, a living cum dining space or a open kitchen area. Whatever the requirement is, an expert’s advice is always valuable.
So if you need to decide a floor plan for your desired house, never miss to check even the simple and tiniest of associated aspects. This will help you to experience a hassle free home construction.
Designing a bathroom layout the right way generally necessitates looking beyond the space where you are going to shower and bathe. Your preferred style has to match with the existing decor of your home, but at the same time, it should also be interesting. Using each and every corner advantageously is an essential factor to consider too. Here are some tips that can be followed to achieve an ideal layout for a bathroom:
Bathroom floor plans must always be prepared by organising functional spaces around a single focal point. This allows for more room irrespective of the size of a bathroom. There are a number of functional areas which can be incorporated, such as a tub & shower combination, a vanity space having double sink and countertop with storage, feature shower, tub, toilet, spa shower and so on.
Getting Everything Together
It is important to plan a bathroom design that encompasses all the features you need in that space. Make sure that the designer you hire factors in effective space guidelines while creating the layout. Various essentials like headcount, storage required, air clearance, space overlapping, etc. must be taken into account.
Ensuring Proper Ventilation
Bathroom is one such area of the house that must air out all the time. Lack of adequate ventilation in the bathroom can result in structural damage of your home. Thus, it ought to have proper ventilation in order to lift out damp air. A good way to allow for venting out of moisture and dampness is by having the vents exhaust outdoors, rather than up and about. There are an array of options that one can pick from, such as vent switches, ceiling mount fans, in-line fans and so on.
Preventing Wastage Of Water
Besides comfort, hygiene and pleasure, water conservation is also an important factor to consider when planning a decent bathroom layout. It is imperative for you to invest in high efficiency fixtures like shower heads, vanity faucets and toilets that help to save water.
Thus, these are some effective tips which can be considered carefully to establish an ideal bathroom floor plan. However, the most important thing of all is finding a good building contractor in Geraldton. None other than experienced and qualified pros can help to transform your visualisation into reality. Therefore, make sure you hire a licensed, certified, reliable and putative service provider in the first place.
Very few things in the world are as disastrous as a floor plan that has not been done the right way. As such, if you are planning to get a new house built in Geraldton, creating an effective floor plan is extremely vital. There are plenty of things that need to be considered when proceeding with the task, such as accessibility, geometry, privacy and so on.
Here are some tips that can help to create a successful floor plan for a residential structure:
Floor plans must always be prepared by strictly confining the design within the norms of geometry. If you want your project to be cost-effective, make sure that it is as much of a square as possible. Of course, it would involve plenty of engineering, but the end results are bound to be aesthetically, ergonomically and economically pleasing.
Tuning With The Surroundings
Prior to drafting a floor plan, the location of the site as well as its surroundings must be taken into account meticulously. Take time to decide which rooms will stay in the facade part and which ones should be banished to the rear. To keep the interiors of your home smart, ensure that they would fit with the location.
Drafting As Per Personality
The floor plan of your abode should vary according to your preference of outdoor living. Perhaps you want a swimming pool or patio area, but ask yourself whether or not you will be able to ensure its regular upkeep. Do you have kids? Then make sure that the exteriors can be viewed from the kitchen or bedroom.
Ensuring Circulation Of Air & Natural Light
It is vital for any home to have proper air circulation and receive ample of sunlight. As such, your floor plan should be drafted keeping these things in mind. Architectural features like skylights, ceiling windows, etc. must be incorporated in order to maximise the entry of fresh air and sunlight.
Staying Within Budget
Last but not the least, staying within budget is a very important factor to consider when drafting the floor plan of a home. Bear in mind the fact that minor features which don’t suit your projected expenses can always be upgraded to later on, perhaps after a couple of years or so.
Thus, if you want to have a practical, economical, energy-efficient, convenient, aesthetically pleasing and accessible home floor plan, don’t forget to factor in the above mentioned tips.
Home designing is a sensitive and intricate task that has to be done with precision and careful contemplation. Missing out on even a single minute aspect can result in failure of the whole project or an improperly built structure. There are certain mistakes that professionals need to avoid at all costs while planning a residential structure. The major ones have been explained below in detail:
Failing To Orientate Living Spaces Towards North
This is perhaps the most common error made while designing homes, which can result in uneven distribution of heat throughout the house. This, in turn, may cause the living spaces to become too hot in summer and too cool during winter. Living spaces and bedrooms of any house should always face towards the north/east side for allowing sunlight to pour into every room ideally.
Some professionals just do not perform enough research prior to developing the blueprint of a residence, which leads to high construction costs and site constraints. It is very important to know if a site is bushfire prone, has geotechnical issues, is uncommonly zoned, is flat and so on. Being aware of these things is extremely vital before drafting the house plan.
Very Open Plan
House plans that are extremely open can later on cause irreversible acoustical and privacy problems. This is because a spacious and internally open area having hard floors and flat walls hikes up internal reverberation of literally any noise originating either outside or inside the house. Therefore, plans that are too open should always be avoided.
Making Rooms Too Spacious
People often tend to include too much space in wrong regions of the house. Be it 3 or 4 bedroom house designs, each area should be allocated only as much space as is necessary. One way to avoid this mistake is by turning some of the rooms into multifunctional zones.
Unsuitable External Finishes
This is yet another mistake that professionals can make by rushing with final paint colours and finishes, after the fundamentals of the construction part have been decided. Choosing the right external finishes is essential because they greatly influence the aesthetic appeal of a house. As such, one must invest a certain amount of time in the task of picking suitable finishes for the outer portion of a home.
In order to ensure successful completion of a residential structure, these design mistakes must be eliminated carefully right from the start.
When it comes down to designing a dream home, custom home builders are just the right people to hire for the task. These professionals can create one-off, exotic residential properties that are extremely site specific. When they undertake any project, they factor in a wide range of essentials such as individual needs of the owner, zoning & bushfire regulations, the particular slope & block and aspects of the block. In addition to that, they plan any design around passive principles for ensuring energy efficiency. They can also work on plans that have already been drafted by an architect. They would still be able to consider the owner’s requirements and create an ideal residence.
Most of the quality residential home builders in Geraldton who construct custom houses, observe high standards for their design principles as well as building methods. Thus, by hiring them, you can be sure about getting a quality home in return for the investment you make. All you will need to do is work with your appointed contractor for fixing a feasible budget.
- Now let’s take a look at the benefits that you can reap by hiring custom home builders to construct your dream abode:
- A residence that has been strictly built keeping in mind your wants and needs. As such, it will be highly exotic.
- Your house plan would be designed as per the specifications of your block as well as budget.
- You have the freedom to pick building materials of your choice, along with the paint colours, tiles, fixtures and appliances.
- The home will be planned using solar passive principles, which means that it would cost you less to cool and heat your house.
- If you wish, you can even provide your own floor plan.
- The tradespeople involved will be mostly local people and as such, they would know everything about the terrain, land, area and building regulations. They will be exceptionally qualified and also provide free concept plan and great customer service. Even after the project is complete, they will maintain a good relationship with you, in case any problem arises later on.
- There will be a project manager as well, who would supervise your project.
- You can have complete peace of mind because there would be no hidden costs.
These are the reasons why you should hire custom home builders instead of opting for regular ones. Although the investment will be slightly more, it would be completely worth the money you spend.